Published on May 11th, 2016 | by Flipside0
Top 5 Things You’d Definitely Do in Edinburgh If You Weren’t So Tired All The Time
Edinburgh is undeniably a beautiful city. Its ancient buildings and hidden wynds could rival any other medieval town’s, and it holds countless secrets and tales. Of course, we could all name 10 great attractions in Edinburgh, but here are our top few that we would recommend you do if you weren’t just so tired all the time.
- Arthur’s Seat. This one is absolutely top of the list. Offering stunning views of Edinburgh and the sea, this one is a favourite for students at the nearby Pollock Halls who often clamber up to take Instagram-worthy shots of the sunset. However, it’s also the highest point of a big fuck-off hill, and you aren’t in Pollock Halls anymore, you live at least 10 minutes’ walk further away, and you know, there’s more important stuff to do while you still have the energy, like developing your drinking problem.
- The Scott Monument. Did you know that for £5, you can climb all 287 steps to the top of the Scott Monument for a great view of the Royal Mile and New Town? Which is a shame, because you’re far too tired to do that, and your bed is calling you, and it looks windy up there, anyway.
- Scotch Whisky Experience. Apparently they let you sit down for most of this but I wouldn’t risk it. It’s hard to stay standing for however many hours this takes when you’re being crushed by existentialist dread anyway.
- Royal Botanic Gardens. God, why is everything just so fucking exhausting? This is fucking miles away. Imagine walking all that way there and then having to walk around looking at flowers. And then walking back. Oh God.
- HMY Britannia. Seriously. Where is this? Who the fuck can be bothered to go all the way out to wherever it is? Why is everything so difficult?
So there you have it! 5 destinations you would go to if you weren’t just so knackered. Life: it is tiring, isn’t it? Maybe you’d better have a lie-down.