Published on March 8th, 2016 | by Flipside0
Media Ball Drinking Game 2016
Flipside’s Media Ball Drinking Game
The following complaints will probably come at some point. They don’t have to be repeated verbatim, general sentiment will do. Two Fingers for each. Slap round the wrist for the complainer
- “That £1.20 booking fee is ridiculous though”
- “Thing is, I think this would be so much better at the Ghillie Dhu”
- “Can’t believe they put this so close to my essay deadlines”
- “Why is this on a Tuesday?”
- “Drinks prices are so high here aren’t they”
- “I hope that man hole cover doesn’t come up like last year.”
Chances are you will not know everyone on your table, and to fill a void someone will make one of these shit jokes, or conversation fillers. Two fingers for each. Make sure you don’t laugh at the joke/ respond to the chat.
- “Can’t wait for Alex Shaw’s speech”
- “Shame the Tab aren’t invited isn’t it”
- “When’s your dissertation due/ how is it going?”
- “Do they have Wi-fi in here?”
- “I can’t even remember what food I ordered, haha”
- “So, who are you voting for in the EUSA elections?”
- “Did you read The Student’s horoscopes this week’
Someone always gets too drunk at these things and acts like a ‘nob’. Usually it’s me, but luckily you don’t know who ‘me’ is cause Flipside is anonymous. This behavior should be called out though, and if someone does one of the following you must down their drink.
- Someone drinks more than their allotted ‘half bottle of wine’
- Someone critiques someone for tying their bowtie wrong or having a clip-on.
- Someone says they preferred the Sports Ball.
- Someone meets someone who isn’t from Fresh Air/ The Student and declares loudly ‘I don’t know what that society is’
- Someone points out that DJ CTL is drunk and not at his best.
- Can you eat your desert with no hands? If yes, nominate someone to down half their drink
- Can you get your entire table to say ‘grace’ before the meal starts. If yes, nominate another table to each down their drinks.
- Can you find the person who is fucking up the ceilidh for everyone else? If yes, make them leave the building.