Published on March 2nd, 2016 | by Flipside0
Top 10 alternative names for EUSA
EUSA has announced a proposed name change as part of its referendum, to the University of Edinburgh Students’ Union (which they want us to pronounce ‘Way-Soo’). Flipside suggests 10 alternative names for the student union we know and love.
- The Big Cheese Collective – TBCC
- The Students’ Association for the University Based Predominantly in Bristo Square, Edinburgh – TSAFTUBPIBSE
- The Higgs-Boson Brigade – TH-BB
- Future Labour Leaders Anonymous – FLLA
- Kirsty Haigh’s Desperate Attempts to Stay Relevant – KHDASR
- Tim O’Shea’s Babes – TOSB
- The Union of Students Attached to the Biggest University In Scotland’s Capital-But-Not-Most-Vibrant City – TUSABUISC-B-N-M-VC
- The Only People Other Than Flipside Who Pay Attention to the Student Left (Because Technically They Have To, And We Need Stuff to Take the Piss Out Of) – TOPOTFWPTTSL(BTTHTAWNSTPOO)
- Edinburgh University CRUNK Animals – EUCA
- The Disappointment of the Masses – TDOTM
In all seriousness folks, student government is important so you should vote in the referendum here https://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/representation/referendum/submit/.
While you shouldn’t be getting your political discourse from purveyors of mid-level satire, we here at Flipside happen to know the Student Left have started a ‘No Thanks’ campaign on the referendum, so we would encourage you all to vote YES YES YES!!! If only to piss them off.
Except on the proposed name-change…obviously keep EUSA.