Published on September 12th, 2016 | by Flipside0
Top Five Places to Drink Alone in Edinburgh
New to the Edinburgh campus and not sure where the hippest gin joints are? Don’t worry you sweet summer child, the Flipside culture vultures have your uninitiated liver covered.
- The Dark Stairwell in Teviot – If the library bar is packed with sheeple trying to make new friends *vomits*, the Jazz Bar is booked out by the Alt-Right Society, and you figured out that the Loft Bar just doesn’t exist, why not curl up on the spiral staircase in Teviot? The lights are all broken, concealing your sad frame in darkness. Lost freshers won’t even notice you nursing that can of Tenets you smuggled in
- 6th Floor of the Library – Nobody knows what the fuck is up there making it an ideal place to swig deeply from your gin bottle without the prying eyes of society.
- Jeff MacLeod’s room in Chancellor’s Court – Jeff is a wild party animal who is never in his ground floor room. This is the perfect drinking hole to make yourself a Magarita-Jug-For-One and touch his things.
- Your Bed – Nothing quite beats the stiff mattress where you’ll spend most of this term sleeping/studying/crying/watching Brooklyn Nine Nine. Looking for something exciting? Why not call your mother? #FirstYearBestYear
- The Street – Edinburgh only has a population of 500,000. So after 11pm most of the streets look like the set of 28 Days Later. A surprising amount of privacy to nurture your drinking habit til it blossoms to full blown alcoholism.